Image Map

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Peek at my Week {March 8th}

ISTEP+ Applied Skills is over. I repeat, ISTEP+ Applied Skills is OVER! Now that that is off my chest...I feel like I can breathe for now. This has been so stressful for the kids (and me). There is so much that goes into these tests and constantly feeling like you're failing the kids by not teaching something correctly or long enough is not a good feeling. I am such a worry-wart when it comes to things like this, but that's just how I am. During that week we did a lot of brain breaks, Kahoot!, and we watched Big Hero 6, which is such a good movie by the way! 

This week is full of awesome-ness! 
-I have right up until spring break (which is the next two weeks) planned AND printed!
-It is a 4-day week due to parent/teacher conferences on Thursday.
-I am going to my first ever blogger meet-up in French Lick with one of my best friends and neighbor teacher this coming weekend! (Hello, ROAD TRIP)
-Did I say I have the next two weeks planned?! (I am so excited about this, clearly!)

Now to peek at my week...It is jam-packed full of some fun stuff! 




We are learning about adaptations in science and it is the perfect time to have a camouflage day and a nocturnal day. For camouflage day, we are wearing camo and making butterflies to camouflage into different parts of the room (SO excited about this activity). On Friday, and to go along with our typical Flashlight Friday, we are having a lights-out day to act like nocturnal animals. Hello, new batteries in our flashlights. :) I can't wait to post pictures of our butterflies and nocturnal day!

Last week was just mentally and emotionally draining for me. I had a lot of tears and I could not have made it without my amazing family and 5th grade team members. These girls are AMAZING! Anddddd on that note, I am going to look at the next two weeks before spring break positively. I will try to keep my sanity and laugh at the good, the bad, and the sometimes ugly.

Enjoy your week! (Hopefully it is getting warmer wherever you are!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment