Image Map

Monday, July 13, 2015

One Lovely Blog Award

I am so incredibly flattered to be nominated by Molly with Miss K's Little Rays for the One Lovely Blog Award.



Much like Miss Molly, it hasn't been too long since I have really dug into this crazy-amazing teacher/blogger world. Like all of us, I was a really great blog-stalker, but never put much thought into doing it myself...ESPECIALLY as a first-year teacher last year! As you know if you have been reading my posts, I have moved from fifth to kindergarten (YAY!), so my summer has been spent getting my new room ready. I have been so focused on making it look picture perfect that my blog has been kind of on the back burner. It makes me sad because blogging is such a relief for me. When I blog, it makes me so happy to write and connect with so many amazing teachers. It is crazy that I have met and 'met' so many teachers from around the world! It has given me so much inspiration and motivation to be the best possible teacher I can be!

Before spreading some teacher lovin', here's a few random things about myself...

1 - I was born and raised in Indiana and still live in the same 'ol small town.

2 - I teach 4 minutes from my house, so my "country road into my small town" commute is amazing!

3 - I teach in the same school I attended K-5, so my classroom is across the hall from my kindergarten classroom! :)

4 - I still live at home with my amazing parents and brother since my house is so close to where I teach!

5 - I received my degree in Elementary Education with a minor in math from Indiana University.

6 - I have a really close family and I wouldn't change it for the world. My grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, brother, and parents always try to eat together every Sunday night. It is a hoot and a half listening to my loud, hilarious family!

7 - I am an extremely organized person. I physically cannot leave my classroom until it is orderly and ready for the next day. I will walk back in the room and move the stapler on my desk 1 mm just to make it look right.

8 - I feel like I am a very observant (see above haha) and perceptive person, which has proven to be very helpful in teaching! ;)

9 - I am extremely outgoing, witty, and I love to laugh and make others laugh. Buttttt......

10 - I hate public speaking. Give me 50 kids and I am allllll good. A handful of adults I do not know could make me want to crawl in a hole. #ComfortZone

Again, thank you SO MUCH, Molly, for nominating me for this amazing award! These connections we have made make such a difference!

I would like to nominate:

Stacey from Literacy for Big Kids -- As I was in upper elementary last year, this amazing teacher was one of my ultimate inspirations. I knew that I could always look at her posts on her blog and Instagram and instantly feel the inspiration I needed to feel when the days were roughhhh. There is no doubt in my mind that I still look at her posts and feel the passion she has for teaching--it pours out of her!!

Carolyn from A Primary Kind of Life -- I just started reading her blog and I feel her emotion as I am reading. I can relate changing grades and leaving my team and my people. They become more than just the people you work with. Feeling that emotion she felt and making that connection makes hers so lovely in my eyes!

Check out these lovely ladies above! :)



1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet! Thank you for this lovely nomination! You have inspired me to step out of my box these past few weeks, and I'm so grateful for it. So glad to have connected with you! :)

    ReplyDelete