Image Map

Friday, December 20, 2013

The end of a chapter...

     Phew! This was a rough few weeks. As I made my way through my final classes as an undergraduate elementary education student, I had so many different emotions rushing through me. I was happy I was almost done and sad I was (probably) never going to see my students again at my internship. The impact those students had on me is so indescribable. I walked away feeling like I had been with them forever! I cannot say the days at the beginning all the way up to the end weren't very challenging, but those days do not matter when walking away from a group of fourth graders who started to really get used to you being there. It was as if I became their outlet if they had issues or if they didn't want to bug their teacher. I was there for them--even when they pushed me a little too far sometimes.

     As I walked out of my class and my final "official" classes as a student, I couldn't help but feel like I was experiencing the most abrupt changes I had experienced since I graduated from high school just three and a half short years ago. I know I will be saying something completely different as I graduate college in May, but as of right now, life is different and I am so excited. In 2 short weeks I will be starting my student teaching and I could not be more excited. I cannot wait to document my transition from pre-professional teacher to student teacher to classroom teacher. It will probably be bumpy, emotional, and stressful, but I am so excited and enthusiastic about the years to come!


My journey begins right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment